I was prepared to do a crafty post this morning, but my mind was changed when I received a message from fellow blogger SzaboInSlowMo…
Since Monday’s party (see yesterday’s post) which as you can see was a glorious typical summer day (not surprising for June even by UK standards) it has been raining! It is awful out there at the moment, which lucky for me I don’t have to go out anywhere so doesn’t affect me too much, though I’d still prefer to see some sun when I look out the window!
What am I getting at? Well, going back to this morning, I opened my email to find SzaboInSlowMo has nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! And since it’s a very grey day here, and only set to get worse throughout, I could most certainly use a little sunshine right now!
Firstly I’d like to say a HUGE thank you to SzaboInSlowMo, and ask you to check out her blog She Can’t Be Serious, which I adore (and I’m not just saying that). No matter what the post I seem to end up laughing or relating to something she’s written!
The Sunshine Blogger rules:
- Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you
First, the questions/answers:
There are no set questions for this award, so because I can’t think of what to ask myself… way back at the beginning of April I tagged someone in a Tag You’re It post, and they tagged me back. Because I had already done a similar post, I never answered those questions, until now….
- How did we meet? A tough one I suppose, considering I am now answering at random, though all the blogs I follow, I have found through blogging, either stumbling across a blog by chance, or through other bloggers or comments!
- What is your favourite thing to do when you have time for you? Stitching and scrapbooking comes to mind, other than that I like to sit and watch films, read and occasionally bake!
- What is your favourite memory from your childhood? I have some really good memories, though to choose a favourite? I don’t really know, I used to go to London every year with my Dad, and just do something random and unplanned, those were great days!
- If you could meet one famous person who would it be? And why? I honestly don’t know. My favourite film director is Tim Burton and I guess meeting him could be a pretty interesting experience.
- Were you named after anyone? Why? I was named after a song…Because my parents liked it.
- Share a memory of something you got up to in your 20′s…. I’m still in my 20′s! Erm, I’ve “got up to” a fair bit already, though I think my 20′s is definitely a calming down period of my life. Gone are the days of clubbing and excessive drinking! I guess the most memorable thing I’ve done is moving over 200 miles away from my home town!
- What is your favourite song? Why? I don’t know if I have one. I love music, but what I listen to really depends on my mood. I kind of feel like I should say something epic, but honestly, I don’t know!
- Are you married? Single? Kids? No kids? Pets? I am, not married, not single either, don’t have kids, and the proud “mummy” to Sid, the cutest cat in the universe!
- What was the last book you read? I’ve been reading all the Sherlock Holmes stories on my IPod, I’m up to “The Return” now! A collection I always meant to read and never got round to!
- How many different places have you lived at in your life? “Houses” – 18 “Towns” – 4
So here goes, in no particular order, 10 bloggers I think are awesome, for various reasons,
Hope you have a great Thursday!