We’re now somehow three weeks into the new year, and I don’t know where the time has gone honestly! I had all the good intentions of posting from the beginning of the year, and then a friend came to us for a visit for new years, and then I was sorting and tidying as needed in the beginning of the year! So here we are!
I have been thinking a lot about what my crafting plans are for this year, and how I was going to use this blog, which was great as a pastime for a year, but posting every day began to be a bit of a strain, as life gets in the way. After getting a lot busier before Christmas and failing (yet again) to complete the advent calendar finished (seriously I’m going to be sick of it if it doesn’t get finished this year!) I have decided to simplify things completely. This is a bit of a long post, do feel free to get a nice warm drink and have a sit down!! I’ve added some links and pics along the way to make this more interesting!
So starting now, my aims for 2012:
- Complete my A-Z book of Me project (it’s not been forgotten)
- Complete the cross-stitch Zodiac Project
- Complete the cross-stitch pocket Advent Calendar
And aside from continuing the unfinished:
- Work on the 2 cross-stitch projects I received for Christmas! (I have just about managed to start on one so far)
- Finish and send my three pieces for the pay it forward project (by August).
- Scrapbook my year…as usual. (This year I’m more “smashbooking” my year). I got this wonderful faux leather book towards the end of last year, and can’t wait to start using it:
- As well as this I am learning to knit… I don’t really know how it came about, but I will share my progress with you as I go! As you can see, I have nearly got a square… I am so proud!
I also wanted to have a 52 week project, as appears to be the trend these days, but wanted something low pressure, so have decided to look into some to start in February and work back on January when I’ve decided what to do. So any ideas do let me know!!
I am planning on posting/updating a couple of times a week, and maybe more depending on news and time!
Hope you had an excellent Christmas and New Year, and that 2013 is going well for you so far! Aside from here I am also on Facebook if you want to visit, “like” and comment at your leisure, share your page, your blog, or just say hi!